Monday, January 17, 2011

Natural Eyes Tutorial

I decided to do a tutorial for natural-looking eye makeup first because it was the look requested the most.

To start off, apply your foundation as usual and make sure your entire face is evenly covered. Once you are done with that, you can set your foundation with powder to make it last longer. I always use an eye makeup base before I apply my eye shadow because it stays on longer and makes the colors more vibrant. The one I have been using is by L'Oreal Paris and is called De-crease (you can buy it at CVS). Also, I apply all my eye makeup with brushes and I feel like it gives you more control to blend and also makes it look better. The brushes I use are essence of beauty brushes which can also be purchased at CVS. The sizes I use most often are "eye shadow" and "crease". The eye shadow I am using in this tutorial is Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette which I ordered online.

Apply your eye shadow primer and smooth it over your entire lid up to your eyebrows (this step can be skipped if you don't have primer).

 For your base lid color, choose a light bronze (similar to the one I am pointing to if you don't have this exact type of eye shadow).

 Apply it to your lid below your crease, which I outlined in red.
 
Once you are done with that, pick a light brown color (like the one above) and apply it in the crease of your eye. 

 In case you aren't sure where that is, take the crease brush and gently push in above your eye ball like I am doing in the picture. The part that sinks in is your crease.

 When applied in your crease your eye shadow should look something like this if you have done it correctly.

 Now that you have done that, extend the light brown just a little further up and also bring it down in a sideways v shape to the outer corner of your eye. I outlined the shape it should be in red in the picture above.

 Next choose a shimmery translucent white or tan color.

 And apply it right under your brow.

 And also in the inner corner of your eye. Doing so will make your eyes look brighter.

 If you have done everything correctly your eyes should look something like mine. (The white is not that bright it just caught the flash from my camera).

Add your favorite mascara and you are finished. I decided not to add eye liner with this look because i'm going for a more natural feel but of course you can add it also if you'd like.


End result.

Hopefully you enjoyed the tutorial and it was helpful. I'm probably going to do smokey eyes next so be on the lookout for that. :)

No comments: